Monday, March 19, 2012

Starting c25k

So today I started training for my 5k in May. I'm doing c25k (couch to 5k) and while total miles and time is a bit less than I would normally push myself to do, it's nice to know the I'm following a program with a goal in mind and not just doing whatever I feel like. I got up at 5 and hit the treadmill - considering that I was up with Luke at 2:30 am this is a big accomplishment. Normally, I would say I'm too tired / this is crazy or something along those lines and stay in bed - but I didn't! That's the victory I'm celebrating today.

As for my run, I did the week 1 day 1 run (5 min walk warm up then 20 mins of alternating 1 minute jogging with 90 seconds of walking then a 5 min cool down). So in 30 mins total (10 of which were spent walking I did 1.9 miles - another thing to celebrate. After this morning's run, I think I can push myself a little harder on Wednesday.

No comments: